Public Notice: Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Updated as of 7/13/2020 at 3:15pm


Trash Services

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Trash Services

Commercial and residential trash hauling, as well as industrial solid waste and recycling collection and disposal services are provided by Waste Management Inc. under a contractual franchise agreement with the city. 

To begin, change or end residential, commercial or industrial cart, bin or debris box service, contact Waste Management at (619) 596-5100 or visit their website

Do you have a commercial account? AB 1826 - Mandatory Commercial Organics Recycling may apply to you. For more information on AB1826, please visit the website for the California Department of Resources, Recycling, and Recovery (CalRecycle). Click here to view San Diego Area Food Recovery Links and Resources, provided by the Environmental Protection Agency.

Are you already recycling? You can report self-compliance to Include business name, location and a description of your recycling efforts regarding AB1826. You can also find more information on Waste Management's page.

Household Hazardous Waste

Paint, fertilizer and other potentially hazardous waste should not be placed in your trash can. Disposal Information

Landfill Passes - Temporarily available for pick-up at Santee City Hall - Community Service, building #6

Have a pile of junk that won’t fit into your trash can? Santee homeowners are eligible for two free passes per year to dispose of bulky items, concrete, or up to one ton of other forms of solid waste at the Sycamore Landfill.

Free disposal passes can be obtained at Santee City Hall, Community Services Department, 10601 Magnolia Avenue from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday. To obtain passes, Santee homeowners must show a valid driver’s license and a residential water or electric bill. Passes are valid for up to one year from the date of issuance and cannot be replaced if lost.

Need more information

Please contact the Community Services Department at (619) 258-4100 Ext. 127