Public Notice: Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Updated as of 7/13/2020 at 3:15pm


Traffic, Street Lights and Signals

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Report Traffic, Street Light or Traffic Signal Problems

Here's how you can report a problem involving street lights, traffic signals, traffic signs, pavement markings, red curbs, speeding or traffic safety concerns:

Collect Information: Give Us the Details

  • Define the problem (e.g. traffic signal malfunction or timing issues, need for traffic signs, pavement marking requests, etc.)
  • Street light issues such as light out, cycling on and off, or staying on all day.
  • Note the time (i.e. time and day when the problem was observed).
  • Identify the location, including street name and nearest cross street or address.
  • Provide your name (including spelling) and daytime phone number.

Report Information:

  1. Report a problem or concern online
  2. Voice Mail: (619) 258-4100 extension 167. Speak slowly and clearly and give all necessary information.

City staff will conduct a field investigation and make adjustments and/or issue work orders as appropriate. You will be notified about the results of our investigation.

Stop Sign Requests

A resident can request a stop sign at an intersection where a perceived traffic issue could potentially be corrected by a two-way or four-way stop control (stop sign). Current city policy requires that a stop sign request must be submitted on the Stop Sign Request Form before an evaluation is made. Once received, city staff will review the location following the California Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD) which evaluates the intersection based on traffic volumes (vehicular and pedestrian), accident history, visibility, and other pertinent conditions. If a location meets one or more of the warrants as specified in the MUTCD, staff will bring the stop sign installation to City Council for approval.

Disabled Parking Space Requests

A disabled resident with a DMV-issued disabled placard may request a disabled parking space (blue curb) be installed at his/her residence if no accessible parking is available on-site. A Disabled Parking Request Form must be submitted to initiate the process. Once the location is evaluated and meets the criteria, the city will install a blue curb.

Dial 511 for Regional Traveler Info

511 is a free phone and Web service that provides up-to-the minute information on traffic conditions, incidents and driving times, schedule, route and fare information for San Diego public transportation services, carpool and vanpool referrals, bicycling information and more. 511 is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

For more information visit

Santee’s Transportation Improvement Master Plan

Are you interested in knowing what will happen in the next decade in the City of Santee for transportation improvements? You can find out from the City’s Transportation Improvement Master Plan.

Department of Development Services
(619) 258-4100 Extension 167