Located 20 minutes from the beaches and downtown San Diego, Santee is a thriving city of 57,100 in the San Diego metro area of Southern California. The city offers a wide array of opportunities and resources to the business community, including multiple industrial, office and retail sites, and a skilled and educated regional workforce.
• Prime location in the region with available land for development, offering high-tech opportunities, high-profile demographics, and high quality of life.
• Over 100 acres in Santee Town Center is designated for office, commercial and residential development. New residential projects are completed and underway.
• Five-mile market area of over 260,000 - 155 national chain retailers and restaurants, with 25 national chains added since 2014.
• Direct freeway access to three regional freeways, quick access to Interstate 8, with light-rail service (via San Diego Trolley) to San Diego State University, Mission Valley, Downtown San Diego and the Convention Center.
• Median household income of $78,932 is 7th highest among cities in San Diego County, with 2nd lowest housing vacancy rate, and 5th lowest crime rate.
• Family based community comprised of 2/3 single-family homes with 71% of homes owner-occupied. One-third of the population is under 25 years of age.
• Local attractions generate over 1.1 million visitors annually—Santee Sportsplex USA attracts 475,000 per year for tournaments and events, and Santee Lakes Recreation Preserve with RV park attracts 650,000 per year.
• Business-friendly local government has implemented smart growth and sustainability practices. Reclaimed water is used to irrigate landscaping throughout the 700-acre Santee Town Center, city parks and street medians citywide.
Economic Development Agreements
For more information:
Pam White, Economic Development Manager
619-258-4100 ext. 223