Now Accepting Applications!
Please review the below information and find the application portal after reviewing the terms of the program.
The City of Santee has implemented several measures under the Support Our Santee Program to assist both residents and businesses in coping with financial hardships as a result of COVID-19. Local businesses have faced even greater challenges in adapting their businesses and operations to address a broad range of safety protocols. To assist local small businesses in reopening and operating in compliance with State and County public health orders, the City of Santee is offering a Reopen Santee Rebate Program for Santee small businesses with a physical storefront that have invested in safety measures as part of the statewide industry guidance provided by the State of California and public health protocols by the County of San Diego.
The County of San Diego guidelines can be found at this link: https://www.sandiegocounty.gov/content/sdc/hhsa/programs/phs/community_epidemiology/dc/2019-nCoV/reopening.html
The State of California industry guidance can be found at:
All applications must be submitted online through the rebate application portal below. Should you have any questions, please email our Economic Development Office at email@example.com. Funding is limited and rebates are not guaranteed.
Rebate Program Terms And Conditions
1) Eligible applicants may receive a one-time rebate of 80% of qualified expenses incurred in implementing COVID 19 safety measures for reopening pursuant to State and County industry guidelines, as described below.
2) Maximum rebate of up to $10,000 per business. You may submit for a one-time rebate for your business until the program's funds have fully been expended, or the end of the calendar year, December 31, 2020, has been reached and the program ends.
3) Applicants must provide IRS Form W-9 for the business.
4) At the time of application submittal, Applicants must provide clearly legible dated receipts (as far back as March 19, 2020) itemizing products and services purchased in relation to COVID-19 preparedness.
5) Installation of any products or improvements must be completed at time of request for rebate award, conform to California Energy Code Title 24 and all relevant City of Santee Municipal Code for Building and Safety standards.
6) Applicants must submit in the application “Before and After” photos of all products or improvements installed (one (1) photo per product or improvement), including a description of each product’s or improvement’s purpose. A description of the prior conditions may suffice if a “Before” picture is not available, but “After” pictures or all products and improvements must be submitted to qualify for reimbursement.
7) Applicants must also submit in the application a copy of the completed County of San Diego “Safe Reopening Plan” and/or related restaurant plan, along with a photo of the Plan posted at the business entrance, pursuant to County reopening guidelines.
- Be a for-profit, independently owned local small business with a physical storefront established in the City of Santee (one business per address).
- Have a current City of Santee Business License and have been in operation as of March 1, 2020.
- Employed 25 or fewer full-time (or full-time equivalent) employees as of March 1, 2020.
- Provide a written statement demonstrating how the business expenses and improvements apply to COVID-19 safety guidelines.
- Be in good standing with the City of Santee as of March 1, 2020 (e.g. no liens/judgments/actions).
Examples Of Eligible Purchases For Reimbursement
The following are examples of products and improvements to be considered as qualifying for this reimbursement program if purchased to comply with County of San Diego Safe Reopening safety protocols and State of California Industry Guidance for your business:
- Measures to physically separate people by at least six feet such as physical partitions or visual cues (e.g., floor markings, colored tape, or signs to indicate where customers and/or workers should stand).
- Installation of protective barriers such as clear acrylic sheeting, hands-free devices, and other public health measures.
- Signage to remind customers of physical distancing at every opportunity.
- Shading to protect customers queued outside while still maintaining physical distance, and similar improvements to accommodate outdoor access.
- Tents/Shade Structures, Patio Furniture, and other durable goods for the purpose of supporting outdoor dining and other outdoor operations.
- Installation of transfer-aiding materials, such as shelving and bulletin boards, to reduce person-to-person hand-offs where possible.
- Purchase of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and supplies to protect employee and public health, including cleaners and disinfectants to sanitize the business environment for workers and business patrons.
- Equipping of customer entrances and exits, checkout stations, and customer changing rooms with proper sanitation products, including hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes, and provide personal hand sanitizers to all frontline staff (e.g., cashiers).
- Increasing technology capacity to enable alternative work forms, and enhance online business opportunities.
- Upgrades to improve air filtration and ventilation.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SETTING UP YOUR REOPEN SANTEE REBATE APPLICATION ACCOUNT
- Click “Sign Up” to create an Account.
- Once you have created an account, click “Create a Profile” to get started.
- Fill out the contact information, then click “Save”.
- Scroll down and click +GET STARTED.
- You will see the application section, Click “edit” on the right hand side of the page to begin your application process.
- Fill out all application information, upload your documentation, then click “Save”. NOTE: You can save as draft during the process if you need to leave and come back. Log back in to access your draft application and continue.
- Once completed and you have saved the application, there will be a Green SUBMIT button for you to click on the Application page, click it to officially submit.
- You will now see your application has been submitted; check the email you registered with for an auto-response stating your submission has been received.